Everglades (City) 1960

The city of Everglades (officially renamed Everglades City in 1965) is located near the bottom of the Florida peninsula near Everglades National Park. Previously known as Everglade until 1927, the small city produced this brochure in 1960 touting the recreational opportunities of the area.

The Chamber of Commerce brochure shows an aerial view of Everglades as well as Chokoloskee Bay and the small settlement named for the bay. Activities include fishing and seeing native Seminoles.