Dated 1986, this is a tri-fold brochure produced by the Florida Department of Natural Resources. It tells the basic history of Fort Clinch, which defended the entrance to the inlet that led in to St Marys River.
Fort Clinch was one of the first of Florida’s state parks, opening to the public in 1938. Prior to state park status, the fort and its surrounding land was restored by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) during the Great Depression, with the state purchasing it in 1935. The CCC restored or created several areas that became state parks in Florida.